Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend Update

Another weekend ends, another Monday comes too soon. I try to make the most of my time starting the second I leave work on Friday until I crash into bed Sunday night.  Friday night Ryan and I tried out a new restaurant downtown, Ruby's Walnut Street Grill. This restaurant is not a typical Jeff Ruby steak house, rather an upscale diner. Here, chicken pot pie is the specialty, not the bone-in rib eye. The menu had a wide variety and what we tried lived up to the Ruby standard. Not to mention, the atmosphere was great and so were the prices. We will definitely be back! Afterward dinner, Ryan and I grabbed a drink at Mainstay. For some reason though, this bar was not hitting the spot for either of us. We were quickly on our way home to call it an early Friday night.

Saturday was a bit of a gloomy day in Cincinnati. I absolutely love the spring and summer months -- trying to be outside as much as possible. But since "April Showers" have been more frequent than not, I was indoors. Indoor at a nail salon and Kenwood Mall, so no complaints here! Ryan's mom and sister invited me to join them getting manis/pedis and then I roamed around Kenwood purchasing a few things and only on sale, of course. That night, Ryan and I went to Teak with my close friends and their husbands. It's not easy to mesh schedules with everyone, so when we all get together it's truly valued.

                                                                    Kris and Susan

   Mindy and Danny

Ryan and I

We experienced the best weather of the weekend on Sunday. Unfortunately, Sundays are always left to run errands and prepare for the work week ahead. Once all of the boring grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry, etc was done Ryan and I spent some QT together. We went for a walk around his neighborhood and grilled out together. It really does not matter what we are doing, as long as we're together we have a great time. How cheesy does that sound? Wow. Oh well, I don't care -- it's true. Anyway, we wrapped up the weekend with this delicious dinner...


Hope you all had a great weekend!

Until next time...

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment